Tuesday, September 17, 2019

My Journey out of Stamp Chaos -- Step 1

This last summer I found my myself in a deep funk. I am buried in stamps, stamp paraphernalia, stamp albums, etc. I considered just selling out completely ... I knew that I wouldn't get a tenth of what it was all worth but I was on the verge of just not caring.

Well Diane talked me out of that ... so after a lot of thinking about how to proceed,  I may have got a start on bringing some order into my world.

Step 1 is to scan and record ALL of the album pages that I have printed and/or purchased. Yes this may take a while. I hope to get ~50 pages scanned per day for the foreseeable future ... I have ~20 binders (1 inch, 2 inch, and 3 inch) full of Steiner pages that I've printed over the years (plus multiple various piles and folders of printed pages). A few are full of the black vario-brand pages. Plus I have a full set of Minkus albums, a Revenue stamp album, a plate block album, a set of Mystic heirloom US Stamp albums, and a dozen various stockbooks.

So scanning will take a while.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment